Thursday, September 6, 2007

Shakespeare would be proud

We're playing Telephone this week, using archaic English words and phrases. In the game, the last girl in line has to run to the board and write what she heard.

In my first class, "thou art fair" somehow mutated into "thou fart."

I'm serious: "thou fart."

Naturally, no one in the class knew what "fart" meant, so I had to explain it somehow. At a loss, I drew a picture of a cute little butt tooting out a puffy cloud.

So yeah, add that to the list of things that I never thought I'd do as a teacher in Korea.

2 comments:

Didactic Dad said...

Apparently the otamatopeia (sp?) for fart in Korean is Poong-Poong. It is also the name of a cartoon character on the squeaky baseball I use for classes.

grayshifter said...

Good to know. I wish that I'd know it then!