Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I believe the children are our future

My classes have been working on future tense. Here are a few of my favorite sentences.


From a fill-in-the-blank "I will/You will/We will/They will" worksheet:

I will have an alligator .

I will study about squirrels .
You will not study about squirrels .

(Well fine, I didn't want to study about squirrels anyway.)


From fortune tellers/"cootie catchers":

You will be a hen.

You will eat a book.

You will be a useful man.

You will have many wifes. (Note: this was on the same one as the previous.)

You will have meat.

You will love girl. (From a girl; implies lesbianism as punishment?)

You will grow a robot pet.


From an exercise where my advanced second-graders had to speculate about the future to come:

"We will travel to the moon!"

"We will have robots!"

"We will have a food machine!"

I wasn't sure how to tell them that all of those things, you know, already exist.

1 comment:

grayshifter said...

"You will grow a robot pet."

From a t-shirt from Japan belonging to a friend of mine:

"We are all fuzzy robots."

TRUE DAT