Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Joys of Winter

This after the first snow and the roads being icy. In the car on the way to school.

Me (to my host dad): Does Wonju salt their roads?
HD: Yes, but Wonju is poor. Only a little salt.

The next day after the roads were so icy that teachers were 2 hours late to school.

Me (to my host mom): Why didn't Wonju salt the roads?
HM: City Hall was just moved to a new place in Wonju, and it's on a heated road. So, they didn't realize how bad the other roads are. (WOW! Way to go team Wonju!)
Me: That's ridiculous!
HM: Sometimes I email the government about it; do you want to email? I'll help you.

Random conversation about winter class.

Me (to my host mom): I found out when my winter class is. December 24th - Christmas Eve, December 25th - Christmas, and December 26th.
HM: That's too bad.
(My host mom explains what I said to my HD who is intently cleaning out our fish tank.)
HD (to me): Run away.

No comments: